uca’s 2020 fall volunteer fair was virtual! you can click the button below or visit //www.2sideline.com/servicelearning/virtual-volunteer-fair/ to view the nonprofits who participated and are seeking your involvement this year.
volunteer opportunities and novel coronavirus (covid-19)
students are asked to please review the following prior to conducting volunteer service in 2020-2021:
- service-learning and covid-19 response page
- student volunteer safety guidelines for covid-19
- how to plan and implement an anti-racist service project
resources for virtual service are available below and will be updated as they become available. our community partners are also encouraged to list their virtual opportunities to serve on givepulse, our campus community engagement platform.
covid-19 virtual service opportunities
- sew face masks for central arkansas organizations
- you will rise project
- quarantine chat
- weaving our we: collecting resources to combat social isolation during the covid-19 crisis
- students rebuild: the hunger challenge
- volunteermatch covid-19 opportunities
- donate to a favorite nonprofit that needs your support!
more virtual service opportunities
- global youth service day: how to participate at home
- how to get involved with virtual volunteering
- 9 places to volunteer online (and make a real impact)
- points of light virtual volunteering
- allforgood (Use “See more search options” > “Only show remote projects”)
- covid-19 resources for uca service-learning faculty and nonprofit community partners
- how to become a virtual volunteer: your guide to getting involved online
get involved in service
uca’s broad and diverse network of local, regional, national, and international community partners offers a variety of volunteer opportunities for students. how will you get involved?
check cubconnect for a calendar of volunteer events, or go directly to givepulse, our service tracking tool, to see our list of community partners (“affiliates”) and contact them directly for opportunities to get involved. call 501-852-7416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help connecting with an organization or finding a project that fits your interests and schedule.
receive emails about upcoming volunteer opportunities: click here to join our monthly mailing list!
take the bears serve challenge!
your challenge is to log 30 hours of volunteer service over the course of the academic year.
- serve the community through uca-sponsored opportunities or those you find on your own
- track your service hours on givepulse (find instructions here!)
- win recognition and prizes at the end-of-semester bears serve celebration!
- ready to graduate? request a community service graduation cord if you’ve logged at least 100 hours during your time at uca!
connect with uca volunteers!
are you a community organization who needs volunteers? email us to request an invitation to affiliate with us on givepulse, where you can share your events with uca students and the public, manage shifts and volunteers, and track the impact of volunteers on your organization! learn more about the resources available on the community partner resource page and email us to get started.
if you have questions or need more information, please contact email@example.com.