applying to graduate school

how do i apply to the graduate school?
to apply to the graduate school, you will need to following items:
  •  a valid email address to create an online account.  (we recommend using chrome for optimal performance. )
  • pay the $45 non-refundable application fee
  • upload all the required documents (if applicable) on the website
  • send official transcripts  to the graduate school
international students 
  • the application for international engagement has been integrated into our current graduate application. create an account to submit an application.
cas application programs

students applying for the athletic training (ms), communication science and disorders (ms), occupational therapy (otd), and physical therapy (dpt) programs  should apply to the uca graduate school after they have:

  1. applied through the cas system,
  2. been accepted into the program at uca
  3. been instructed to apply to graduate school by the department at uca.

 where do i send my college transcripts?

graduate school
201 donaghey ave
torreyson west, suite 328
conway, ar 72035
submit transcripts electronically to:

is there a deadline for my application?

it is recommended that you submit your  graduate school application at least one month prior to the semester you wish to start. three months prior to your starting semester is preferable. although every effort will be made to accommodate late applicants, there is no guarantee that a late applicant will be accepted and/or able to enroll in desired classes.

some programs have firm application deadlines that may be up to one year prior to starting the program, so be sure to read your program materials closely.

what are the minimum requirements for regular admission into graduate studies?

a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution

minimum cumulative undergraduate gpa of 2.70 on a scale of 4.00 or at least a 3.00 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate study

minimum 3.00 gpa on any graduate course work taken at another accredited institution

program specific admission requirements – these vary by program and include items such as test scores, interviews, etc.  if the program requires scores for the graduate record exam (gre), the scores must be less than five years old. uca’s gre institution code is 6012. see the uca graduate bulletin for program specific admission requirements.

*note: due to covid-19, educational testing service (ets) is offering students the opportunity to complete the gre at home. more information is available at //

 students who plan to attend uca must provide proof of immunizationsin order to register for classes, these immunizations must be in compliance with arkansas department of health rules and regulations. the only exception to this policy is for a student who will enter a 100% online program and will not visit campus at any time during his/her program. without an approved immunization record, the student cannot make library visits, attend sports events, make in-person advising visits, use the hper facility, attend graduation ceremonies, or participate in any other on-campus events and activities. an applicant must provide an official copy of his/her immunization record or proper exemption to the graduate school or student health.

what is a concurrent student?
  • a concurrent student is an undergraduate senior who is (1) in his/her last semester prior to the baccalaureate degree and (2) is otherwise fully qualified for graduate level study. concurrent enrollment is not available for education, nursing, occupational therapy, or computer science students.
  • a concurrent student must complete the online uca graduate application, any program specific application, and uca’s application for concurrent status. graduate credit will be received only if the student completes the requirements for the bachelor’s degree during the same term in which the graduate courses are taken.
can i enroll in a graduate class without being accepted into a program?

a non-degree seeking student is one who is accepted into the uca graduate school and takes a course or two without admission to a specific graduate program. this classification is reserved for students who are undecided about their major field of emphasis, who choose to take work for upgrading their professional skills, or who wish to enroll in work for transferring to another graduate school. any work taken by a non-degree seeking student may subsequently be applied to fulfilling degree requirements if the student applies to and is accepted into a degree program. note: you will want to check with the department in which your desired course(s) are housed, as some departments limit enrollment to students admitted to their degree program(s).

have questions? contact us at